It contains the report of the various sessions and workshops of the Seminar, dedicated to Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL): Flexible Ties within Higher Education as well as information on the keynote speeches and the social programme proposed to the participants.
With the support of the Lifelong Learning Programme of the European Union
You can jump to the specific section by clicking on it above.
According to the Statutes, the Board is composed of:
• the President
• two (2) Vice Presidents
• the Secretary General
• the Treasurer
• three (3) delegates from the member states
• the Treasurer is appointed by the General Assembly and serves for a period of 2 years. This period can be prolonged.
• the Treasurer submits annually accounts for the preceding year and the budget for the following year for the approval of the General Assembly. The financial year corresponds to the calendar year.
• the Treasurer is a non-paid position, except for expenses.
Régis Debrulle of Hogeshool Gent is currently EURASHE’s Treasurer
• the three (3) delegates from the member states are elected by and from the Council for a period of two years, and they may stand for re-election for two consecutive further terms. A delegate who is no longer a member of the Council can’t continue his membership of the Board.
Following is the current list of the Board elected members.
For a short biography of the President, the two Vice-Presidents and the Secretary General, please see the dedicated page of the Presidium
According to the Statutes:
• the Executive Board determines the day to day policy of the Association within the framework devised by the General Assembly, and on the advice of the Council.
• the Executive Board prepares issues which have to be discussed by the Council and the General Assembly.
• the Executive Board determines the emoluments of the Secretary General for his/her time and expenses.
• in case of litigation the Executive Board will jointly take the necessary actions both as a plaintiff and as a defendant. Such responsibility can also be delegated by the Board to the Secretary General, on behalf of the Association.
• if the President cannot complete his/her term the Board appoints one of the Vice Presidents as acting President for the rest of the term. If a Vice President cannot complete his/her term the Executive Board appoints one of its members as acting Vice-President for the rest of the term.
Moreover the Board rules of operation are the following:
• the Executive Board decides by a majority of the delegates present.
• the President, the Vice-Presidents and the member state delegates have one vote each. The President has a casting vote.
• the Secretary General and the Treasurer participate in the meetings of the Board with no vote.