It contains the report of the various sessions and workshops of the conference, dedicated to HIGHER EDUCATION - MAKING THE KNOWLEDGE TRIANGLE WORK as well as information on the keynote speeches and the social programme proposed to the participants.
With the support of the Lifelong Learning Programme of the European Union
EURASHE is a partner in the FLLLEX project (project website) on Impact of lifelong learning strategies on professional higher education from January 2010 to August 2012. More information on this page on:
The project coordinated by a EURASHE member institution, the Leuven University College, in partnership with EURASHE, ESU and Business Europe representing stakeholders, and a representative sample of professional HEIs and VET providers in 8 countries. The purpose of the project FLLLEX is to identify challenges and implications of Lifelong Learning (LLL) incorporation into European Higher Education institutions (HEIs) and to provide benchmarking for the individual institutions and to test the self-assessment tool before further dissemination in Europe.
The FLLLEX consortium exists out of 24 partners from ten different EU countries. The project deals with the implementation of LifeLong Learning strategies in higher education institutions. Eight HEIs have been selected together with the national organisation representing them as Full Partners. The project was initiated and is supported by Eurashe. Three Associated Partners form part of the Advisory Board. The external evaluation is carried out by Educonsult.
The FLLLEX project has now entered its second phase. Thanks to the self-evaluation instrument which has been developed, HEI partners started to test the tool for Lifelong Learning in their institutions.
The 19 partners of the FLLLEX project are the following:
1. Leuven University College (KHLeuven) (Belgium)
2. European Association of Institutions in Higher Education (EURASHE) (Belgium)
3. Institutes of Technology Ireland (IOTI) (Ireland)
4. Lithuanian Colleges’ Directors’ Conference (LKDK) (Lithuania)
5. West Scotland Colleges’ Partnership (WoSCoP) (United Kingdom)
6. 3s Unternehmensberatung GmbH (Austria)
7. Ammattikorkeakoulujen rehtorineuvosto ARENE ry (Finland)
8. Laurea-ammattikorkeakoulu (Finland)
9. Hanzehogeschool Groningen (Netherlands)
10. Vilnius College of Higher Education (Lithuania)
11. Vlaamse Hogescholen Raad (VLHORA) (Belgium)
13. Institut Universitaire de Technologie de Saint-Etienne (France)
14. European Association for Quality Assurance in Higher Education (ENQA) (Belgium)
15. Letterkenny Institute of Technology (Ireland)
16. BA School of Business and Finance (Latvia)
17. Cardonald College (United Kingdom)
18. YÜKSEKÖĞRETİM KURULU (Turkey)
19. YAŞAR ÜNİVERSİTESİ (Turkey)
Following is the list of documents related to FLLLEX in our public library.
Following is the list of events related to FLLLEX in our public calendar.
22nd Annual Conference: Responding to Challenges in European Higher Education: Lifelong Learning and the Welfare Society
10 May 2012 - 11 May 2012, Riga (Latvia)
FLLLEX project meeting
9 May 2012, Riga (Latvia)
FLLLEX Advisory Board meeting
27 March 2012, Brussels (Belgium)