It contains the report of the various sessions and workshops of the Seminar, dedicated to Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL): Flexible Ties within Higher Education as well as information on the keynote speeches and the social programme proposed to the participants.
With the support of the Lifelong Learning Programme of the European Union
EURASHE is a Main Partner/Initiator in this project, running from January 2010 to August 2012. Learn more on the project on its dedicated website here.
The 19 partners of the project, including 10 direct or indirect* EURASHE Members, are the following:
1. KHLeuven – Leuven University College (Belgium)*
3. Institutes of Technology Ireland (Ireland)*
4. Lithuanian Colleges’ Directors’ Conference (Lithuania)*
5. West Scotland Colleges’ Partnership (United Kingdom)*
6. 3s Unternehmensberatung GmbH (Austria)
7. Ammattikorkeakoulujen rehtorineuvosto ARENE ry (Finland)
8. Laurea-ammattikorkeakoulu (Finland)
9. Hanzehogeschool Groningen (The Netherlands)
10. Vilnius College of Higher Education (Lithuania)*
11. Vlaamse Hogescholen Raad VLHORA (Belgium)*
13. Institut Universitaire de Technologie de Saint-Etienne (France)*
15. Letterkenny Institute of Technology (Ireland)*
16. BA School of Business and Finance (Latvia)*
17. Cardonald College (United Kingdom)
18. YÜKSEKÖĞRETİM KURULU (Turkey)
19. YAŞAR ÜNİVERSİTESİ (Turkey)
The project coordinated by a EURASHE member institution, the Leuven University College, in partnership with EURASHE, ESU and Business Europe representing stakeholders, and a representative sample of professional HEIs and VET providers in 8 countries. The purpose of the project FLLLEX is to identify challenges and implications of Lifelong Learning (LLL) incorporation into European Higher Education institutions (HEIs) and to provide benchmarking for the individual institutions and to test the self-assessment tool before further dissemination in Europe.
The FLLLEX consortium exists out of 24 partners from ten different EU countries. The project deals with the implementation of LifeLong Learning strategies in higher education institutions. Eight HEIs have been selected together with the national organisation representing them as Full Partners. The project was initiated and is supported by Eurashe. Three Associated Partners form part of the Advisory Board. The external evaluation is carried out by Educonsult.
The FLLLEX project has now entered its second phase. Thanks to the self-evaluation instrument which has been developed, HEI partners started to test the tool for Lifelong Learning in their institutions.
Read the project’s main publications:
|FLLLEX-RADAR (here and the cover too!)||FLLLEX Project Results and Recommendations (here and the cover too!)|
Read the Newsletters of the project:
2nd FLLLEX Newsletter here;
4th FLLLEX Newsletter here;
5th FLLLEX Newsletter here.
Read the project’s Report:
Interim Report of WP4, Survey of Lifelong Learning Provider, Higher Educational Institutes positioned in a typology of Lifelong Learning providers, by EURASHE, here;
Public part of the Progress Report here.
The FLLLEX-RADAR has been presented during the EURASHE 22nd Annual Conference, held on 10 – 11 May 2012, in Riga (Latvia). Learn more on the event on its dedicated page here.
Richard Thorn, from IOTI (Ireland), during the FLLLEX session of the EURASHE 22nd Annual Conference